If I’ve said it once I’ve said it a hundred times. I love cheese. Absolutely adore the stuff. Odd that coagulated milk should somehow be my be all and end all with food.
This recipe came up on my Facebook newsfeed. Tried and True Recipes was the page. I saw the video come up and oh my I fell in love with a dreamy mixture of cheese, meat and pasta. The essence of the recipe is you take everything that would go into a taco, and mix it with pasta instead.
Just google ‘cheesy taco pasta’ to find an original version of the recipe, but below are the amounts I used.
Good things: cheese is king.
Bad things: there is a distinct lack of vegetables.
Ingredients & requirements: 3-4 meals (probably nearer 4, I’m just crazy about cheese)
- 250g conchiglie
- 500g minced beef
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 175ml water
- 235ml salsa (1 jar)
- 250g of cheddar cheese (I just used 1 pack of
Preparation & cooking
- Only prep: if you haven’t bought pre-grated cheddar, feel free to do grate it now.
- Cook the 250g of conchiglie pasta to packet instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Add 500g of ground beef to a large saucepan and brown well. Once brown drain the fat.
- Add 2 tablespoons of taco seasoning and 175ml of water and stir until the water has gone.
- Add the cooked conchiglie back to the pan, stir in.
- Add the 1 jar of salsa and the 250g of grated cheddar. Combine and serve.
Just all of the yes. Steve and Kate, who sit nearest the microwave at work, would go mad every time I took this out. Not in anger, but in craving for the dreamy woft of melted cheese that would drift around the office.
I need not say how ridiculously easy it is to make, so go ahead and indulge!